Bug In Accounts Receivable Report (Patches)
» Good morning. I tried the outstanding report using the dates
» From:2015-05-01 to:2016-04-30 (Their fiscal year) and the report came out
» blank. But on the year end balance sheet the AP is about 200K So this
» did not work either. Of course all these invoices are paid off as of
» today, but back in May they were not.
Beware of any "Journals" (aka General Ledger Transactions).
If you have any journals posting to your Recievable/s account/s, of course they're not included in AR report/s (which comes from the AR subLedger), and may explain any variance/s between your AR Outstandings report and Balance Sheet.
Refer Accounting 101.
In the absence of any journals, and assuming your Chart of Accounts constructed correctly, your AR Outstanding report WILL give same total/s as Balance Sheet at balance date.
To get these reports with 30/60/90/120 days ageing, you've a few options :
- Use the AR, Ageing report on the last day of each quarter, and save those reports for your auditor
- Use the Outstandings report at retrospective date/s, copy and paste the SQL-Ledger report to a spreadsheet. Apply your 30/60/90/120 ageing columns manually.
- Write a short custom report (and hopefully share it with the community).
- Bug In Accounts Receivable Report - Gregory West, 05.10.2016, 09:27 (Patches)
- Bug In Accounts Receivable Report - DavidJ, 13.10.2016, 06:28