Upgrade from 2.8.32 to 3.2.0 (General)
» There is an UPGRADE file in the doc directory. download the source code and
» extract the file before you install over top.
I setup a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and migrated my old 2.8.32 successfully to this machine. So far so good.
The plan is to upgrade to 3.2.0 now:
The steps are downloading the source, unpack it over /usr/local/sql-leger and do the steps in the UPGRADE file, right?
In the upgrade file section "Version 2.8.30 to 3.0" is relevant for me, right? Some questions to the upgrade file:
1. edit the members file and add the name of the dataset
to every login so the logins are 'login@dataset'
is it the username in  in the file ../sql-ledger/users/members, like [marcus] to [marcus@sql-ledger]? My database is called sql-ledger.
2. copy one of the users and change the login to 'admin@dataset'
and remove the password
okay, it's just copy and paste in the ../sql-ledger/users/members file, right?
3. create a directory with the same name as the dataset
in the spool and templates directory
okay, after that we have:
4. move the private templates to the dataset directory
Don't understand. In 2.8.32 my templates are located in
Should I move all files from /usr/local/sql-ledger/templates/marcus to /usr/local/sql-ledger/templates/sql-ledger ?
5. move the spoolfiles to the dataset directory
Okay, my /usr/local/sql-ledger/spool/ directory is empty ?
6. if there are customizations create a 'custom' directory
in bin/mozilla and move all the custom_ files without the
custom_ prefix to the directory.
Inside /usr/local/sql-ledger/bin/mozilla I modified
am.pl and rp.pl
no custum_xxx.pl files there? What to do here?
7. if there are any user specific customizations create a
directory for each user in the 'custom' directory and move
all the files without the login_ prefix to the directory.
No login_xxx files in my installation
8. copy the following template to your dataset directory
$ cd sql-ledger/templates
$ cp Default-payslip.tex dataset/payslip.tex
$ cp Default-barcode.tex dataset/barcode.tex
Okay understand that.
9. set up printers in System -> Workstations
Note: replace 'dataset' with the name of your dataset.
» There is no need to do a sql-dump, datasets are upgraded when you log in.
» However you must first edit the members file before you can log in.
Can I go directly to from 2.8.32 to 3.2.0 or do I first need to upgrade to 3.0.8 and from there to 3.2.0?
And do I first have to login to admin.pl or with my normal "marcus" user to login.pl? Or as admin with blank password to login.pl?
» After the upgrade to 3.2 populate the mimetype table (upgrade 3.0.8 -> 3.2)
Don't understand that? Where to populate the mimetype table and what is it?
Thanks for your time,
- Upgrade from 2.8.32 to 3.2.0 - localguru, 18.03.2016, 02:40 (General)
- Upgrade from 2.8.32 to 3.2.0 - Dieter Simader, 18.03.2016, 10:59